View Single Post
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, so the results from the ultrasound came back today. Billy talked with the doctor and then came in to give me the news.

"You should be very proud," Bill told me.
"Proud? Why? I asked.
"Well, the doctor said that the opening to your gallbladder is about 3 mm, and most gallstones are a couple of millimeters wide -- like a bb."
"And?"
"Yours is ten times that big. It's about 3 cm in diameter. There's no way that thing's ever going to pass."

So, where are we now? We have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday morning, and I will likely have my gallbladder removed next Friday. My regular MD called in a prescription for an antibiotic (my white cells are high) and some more pain meds (same good stuff I use for my migraines ). We've been told that if the pain gets really bad before Tuesday or if my fever gets too high, we're to go directly to the hospital.

I'm a little nervous but also very interested to see what removing my gallbladder will do. After all, that gallstone didn't get that big overnight, and we're curious to see if I'll feel like a new person after it's gone! This may just be a blessing in disguise!

Thanks for the prayers! Keep 'em coming!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019