Thread: No carbs here!
View Single Post
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 08:34 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Cody,

Wouldn't you want to use a chip and live tune it???

Probably not.
The only thing I might want to have the ability to change would be the shift strategies between a street tune and an all-out race tune (or how many "in-betweens" I might want).

The main problem encountered when using the stock PCM in this case is the lack
of a knock sensor. Not to mention the countless hours fiddling with A/F ratio when under boost (I'll need higher-flowing injectors anyway) and I really don't want to have to spend tons of time tuning it for detonation problems.

With the Dynojet PC5/Autotune combination wired in (more wiring.... ), it will be as easy as installing a knock sensor, a wideband O2, and typing in what I want my A/F ratio to be under any load/RPM. After I drive it for a while, VOILA!! It's just "tuned" itself.

But in reality, who knows? I will be in touch if I need anything.
Thanks, Bill!