View Single Post
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Whopper

txarsoncop is on a distinguished road

Our firehouse bay floor is coated with a Tnemec epoxy product. I could find out exactly which.

Company that applied it said it was most commonly used in hangars... None of the above mentioned static problems in 10 years, however it IS slicker than owl snot when wet. More than one FF has provided a little impromptu entertainment running across the bay... I suggested adding sand when they laid it down but what do I know?

It has been absolutely impervious to LARGE amounts of brake fluids, various ff foams (very base liquids) and hot tire pickup. The sun has been murder on the exposed sections though. They should have offered the UV adder to us...

I know I'm the new guy here but, for the average garage owner I think the static issue is going to be a non-issue as it pertains to coatings, UNLESS you were parking on one of those La-Z-Guy vinyl mats or using the foam mats/pads at your workbench. I was seriously considering the mats too, I've got too much stuff to move to do the floor now...

FWIW, we've been using rubber mats on top of bare concrete, sealed concrete and the epoxied concrete for 20 years with no static problems.

For 10 years we've also been using foam mats on the epoxied concrete and never noticed a static problem.

In both instances there's always been some amount of water around whether or not that's had some effect I honestly don't know.

2005 Screw 4x4 Lariat - mostly stock

1964.5 Mustang - not stock