View Single Post
Old Tue, July 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
Sweet!

Ya know, the more I work on those 6 ohhs, the more I like em......really!

I love how smooth and quiet they run, and the tranny seems nice too.

What do you have planned for her?
I guess right now about the only known issue is an exhaust leak at manifold, one port is blown out pretty good. I am debating on whether to do just an EGR delete and exhaust manifold gaskets, or a complete kit like Little Power Shop's problem solver kit: head/intake/exhaust gaskets, ARP headstuds, EGR delete and engine oil cooler. I picked up a later intake manifold without the crossover and later intake horn since I'm thinking that mine actually has the throttle plate and not a just a blank, there are pins in the connectors. FICM programming and ECM/TCM rollback likely as well. Not sure if I'll be going the cab lift route or engine out the front route yet, cab mount bolts look very rusty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Get some real mirrors for that thing.
*Sigh* Yes I know... lol. A previous owner actually put a convex mirror on these smaller mirrors and it helps a lot, big enough to do something but small enough not to be in the way. Probably will get some real mirrors after the engine work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Other than that, nice looking truck. That's my second-favorite color after black.
Thank you sir!