View Single Post
Old Tue, September 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Ok... I got a little carried away. My idea of one thing at a time, tracking mileage, is about completely thrown out the window..

Did the engine out method, did not want to tie up the car lift even with the original plan of just doing head gaskets since I was working ocassional weekends on it and I don't mind the way I went about it. Cylinder bores looked like new, rods were showing some wear towards the piston side. I'm having a feeling the Bully Dog programmer had some effect as I could see timing was advanced to the limit judging by the pattern on the pistons.

Going to go about with a OEM Ford rebuild kit, ARP headstuds, block decked, heads resurfaced and checked over, balanced, EGR delete, coolant filter, ECM should be on its way back from PHP with a rollback. A powermax was just too hard to turn down with a vendor selling on sale at 1100 shipped, so that'll be going too. Should be a solid daily driver when all done, and nice proof that the 6.0 is a solid engine as well.

Oh and I like this, factory provided hardware.