View Single Post
Old Mon, March 29th, 2021, 06:40 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Since we're on the subject, you don't have any extra 385 or FE engines you'd want to part with, do you? I want to build something for the Bronco and while I have a 335 I can build into a 400, I'd rather just have something better to start with.

Let me know.
You know that shipping will cost an arm and a leg....maybe both arms. Who knows?

I have three good rebuildable (i.e. "running when pulled") FEs, two 390s and one 360. I have a 352 that needs a total overhaul, and then this last rebuilt 390 (from the video) but I'm not sure if I want to let that one go.

As far as 385 series stuff, I have a later tall deck block, with a '79 crank (with counterweight and weighted flywheel - no proper flexplate), a 460 short block that needs standard machine work, two complete mid-70's "running when pulled" but no clue as to any problems, and a '68 429 4V...but that one isn't for sale.

My curiosity has been piqued about building a 430+ inch 335 series with 10.0:1 but then a person has to fix all of the oiling issues and find heads - I hear Edelbrock makes a set of aluminum ones.

Again, I'm not sure how much freight would be on any of this stuff....probably way more than anything you could just find locally.