View Single Post
Old Tue, December 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Whopper Junior

06KingRanch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Bikini Girl is one of the first avatars I swiped YEARS ago. She's cute and makes me smile.

As for the speedo, both posts were correct. The Speedo on the dash is always going to be slightly faster than the ACTUAL reading from the PCM. Ford designed it so that it always appears that your driving a little fast. In fact, most manufacturers do it. This does not have an adverse affect on the odometer, though. This always must be accurate.

As Jack said, if you set the speedo so that it is on spot with the GPS, the odometer will be inaccurate. Always best to line the GPS and the Gryphon (or Evo) up so they match and just live with the idea that the odometer is always off.

One other thing to keep in mind, in order to make a 1 KPH difference at 100 KPH, you need to make a roughly 1% difference in tire size. This means that if you are currently running 2530mm diameter for your setting, you'll need to make a 253mm change to get 1 KPH. Increasing diameter increases the calculated vehicle speed and reducing the diameter reduces the calculated speed.

Hope this helps.
Thanks....that answers my question.....i had added to my tire size to see if the Gryphon's speed would go up , but didn't add enough to make a noticeable difference.

I had expected the trucks speedo to read high compared to the actaul gps speed.....but it appears to be dead on.

I wanted the gryphon to read correct so it's mileage calcs would be correct....or does it figure it off the trucks odometer?

If I raise the tire size so the Gryphons speedo is correct, will it effect any of the other Gryphon's outputs??

Many thanks.....i love the Gryphon....made a great deal of difference to my truck.....I'll give you a call when i get home in January to go over what mods make a difference, and order some custom tunes.

Scott