View Single Post
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
if you don't plan to change it, do go into it.
Bill, I think you meant to say "don't" here, where I've highlighted "do", but I don't feel comfortable editing your post.

So, I'm still confused (have pity on an old man).

As I understand you now, the VID is used whenever we are in Level 0 (stock) and the PCM sees the stock values for GR and TS. But, if we move to any other level (1, 2, or 3) the PCM is going to use values found in the Calibration section? Or, is it that the Calibration section values are only used if and only if we open the Custom Options menu?

My truck's GR and TS are both stock and match what's on the sticker, which I also have. I put these values on the custom tune form when I sent it to you. When I choose one of the custom tunes you wrote, and check the GR and TS, I always see 3.73 for GR (correct) but 2356 for TS (way small). My tires are 275/65R18s and I've found that I get correct speed and distance using a 7% squish value (using the Gear Calculator) of 2480 at the recommended pressure of 40 psi.

Or finally: maybe? What we REALLY need to do is first load your custom tune with NO custom options (which, as I recall now, I only did once, when I got my first custom tune from you). And then (if we REALLY think we can do better) go back, select the same tune level, then select Custom Options and then Load Previous Settings to get YOUR values that were written into the Calibration section to use as a baseline? (AND maybe this is what you were trying to tell me on the phone a while back and I was too stupid to understand?

And I know this is an extremely confusing post and I'm just glad I can feel free to express my ignorance.

- Jack