View Single Post
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply Cody, answered my questions perfectly.

The high idle thing, thats exactly what I was talking about.. Glad to hear it can be done the way I want it.

I have little doubt I can make the tranny shift the way I want it to, just going to take time. There was a time I had considered swapping a 5R110 in the truck, with a standalone controller, until I started reading about the way the tranny operates, no way I want to mess with that. I dont have that much time LOL.

I figured I could burn to the chip as many times as I wanted. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt a firmware block or something limiting you to 10 burns or something crazy like that.

The manual is no big deal, I have experience with different tuning programs, so it shouldnt be a big deal to figure out. The things I cant figure out, well, thats why the forum is here.. Once my stuff comes in ( looks like it's shipping today ) I'll never look at the manual anyways LOL ( unless it has pictures )..

Having to buy a licence for each computer would suck, but thats the way many tuning programs are so it's no big deal.. I'll just have to really put some thought into which computer I'm going to use..

One question does come up with the licence thing. I'm very hard on laptops, I had a nice Acer that was 6 months old I was using to tune my 79 Mustang. Forgot it in the car when I went to make a pass. It didnt survive the 5K RPM 10 PSI launch, flew across the car and busted the screen. 300 bucks for a screen and a few hrs later it was "new" again.. So, I'm guessing if I trash a laptop that has Minotaur on it, I would have to contact Bill?
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...