View Single Post
Old Fri, October 2nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Question Start of Injection Delay

Here's a serious question, Bill.

The Start of Injection Delay has me a bit confused lately. For those that don't know, I started with Sniper Delta Force tuning software. Although it's a good tool, I picked up some...uh...."bad habits" with it because all I knew about fuel-related "tuning" (I use that word loosely.) was the injector pulse width map (called "table" in their software) and all I had to do was increase it in certain ICP ranges....VOILA! That's how THEY did it, so that's how I did it.

Well, tuning for EOT makes 150% more sense since just increasing the injector on-time kind of makes for excess fuel no matter if it's -50 or 300 degrees.

The injector delay is confusing to me. I wish I knew what the units were that I am changing (to somewhat mirror yours Bill because I trust what you're doing is right) depending on EOT and fuel rates. The other tuning I see has wildly fluctuating data compared to yours and some has no compensation whatsoever.

The SOI Delay Map in Delta Force (Farce??) is called "Injection Timing Adder for ICP vs. EOT" and the values given in the table are NOT related to the values in Minotaur's table. For reference, searching came up with this post:
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...6&postcount=37

What exactly IS the SOI Delay Map, why is it there, and how do you determine what values should be input?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by cleatus12r; Fri, October 2nd, 2009 at 09:21 PM.