View Single Post
Old Sun, October 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The more reading and research I have done leads me to believe that the increased values I am seeing in aftermarket tuning shows an increase in delay. The PCM may then use these values to advance the SOI farther than the stock values in this map. On the other hand, the values of less than "1" will cause the PCM to calculate a later SOI than with the increased values that many happen to run.

If I'm not overstepping my bounds here, I'd like to ask why, when your tunes and the factory are decreasing the SOI delay value at higher ICP (which is understandable), a different tuner happens to be increasing his values.

There is a HUGE discrepancy between stock and higher HP tunes (which as the HP level goes up, so does the SOI delay). Again, I ask why?

Is there a problem with leaving the SOI Delay map with its stock values when tuning all other fuel/timing maps? By my thinking, it seems safer.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Sun, October 4th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.