View Single Post
Old Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Just came back here to re-read this thread and I think there is a few posts that are missing.

For an "all out" program would you be better off setting this at a low number across the board?

Like the actual delay at full temp, which I guess will be around or less than 1ms. Of course the program would ONLY be used at full operating temp.Would this add a timing safety net?
Personally for my own programming I usually only alter this map by a half a millisecond or so at the most....and it's never at the higher ICP levels (high load).

You will see that most of the time in aftermarket tuning, the higher the ICP, the higher the delay is set. There are a couple of reasons for this, the biggest being that the amount of fuel being injected is higher for a higher injection pressure. By programming in an advanced SOI based on load and RPM (basically higher ICP and higher RPM), the burn is hopefully initiated sooner and it keeps the fuel from burning too much past TDC.

The nice thing about the delay map is that it is based on EOT. My programming will leave the stock delay at low temperatures (below about 120F) and at high temperatures (above about 240F). I usually incorporate the same temperature changes in the PW multiplier map too.

If you're worried about any effects due to a time-based SOI map, then it's best to leave the map alone.