Thread: battery issue
View Single Post
Old Sat, September 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf980 View Post
hi guys wondering if someone could let tell me if this has happend to anyone eles i had my battery run dead due to wife leaving my keys in ignition and now my gryphon programmer is giving all the wrong reading. for my speed and rpm. tried to reset back to stock and go back to custom program and still not working would the battery issue do something to the programmer. any help would be greatly appriatated
Low or high voltage can damage any electronic device, but you said you tried programming the truck back to stock. Did that complete without error? If so, the programmer is not faulty and has booted properly. I suspect you simply do not have correct values for the Tire Size (TS) and/or Gear Ratio (GR). Re-initiate a custom program sequence, but this time, go to the Custom Options menu and if it's a monochrome Gryphon, go immediately to "Load Previous Settings" as the FIRST step. Then, check both the TS and GR. They should be what you had before (the TS could be "slightly" different). If they are not right, correct them, then complete the programming cycle.

If the unit did not program back to stock properly, it probably did not boot correctly when you fixed the battery problem. If this is a monochrome Gryphon, unplug it from the OBD port and leave it unplugged for about a minute. Then, turn the ignition in the truck ON (don't start the engine) and leaving it on, plug the programmer back in. It should show your hex code as it boots up. After that, things should be back to normal.

To reboot a CS or CTS, just unplug it, wait a minute and plug it back in. The ignition can be either on or off.

Let us know what happens.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer