Thread: Tranny Issues
View Single Post
Old Fri, August 14th, 2009, 03:52 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkrm View Post
Well, I got lucky. I took it to the ford dealer where a friend from f150online works and they found a tsb that pretty much nailed what my truck was doing. They replaced a check ball in the valve body and while in there put in a new filter and fluid. Shifting is back to normal but after all the research I've done I am not sure if I should put the tuner back on. It seems like these tuners are associated in a lot of tranny failures! Anyone think this is valid?? I know I will for sure not use my 89 performance tune until Bill has a chance to look at it and see if there is anything unusual. The ford tech said it was possible the tune attributed to the problem but who knows. I am just glad it was $300 and not $3000. Still I don't want a $400 paperweight. Any thoughts?
I don't think you have a $400 paper weight. It was something that was misfortunate just like a lot of other things that happen on these trucks or other makes and models.
Now if it were something electronically controlled and when you had a tune loaded and it started acting funny but when it was put back to stock it cleared up. That would lead me to believe it was the tunes.
That's why we ask a lot of ?'s when trying to find a solution or answer.
I also think you are quite fortunate to have found the problem when you did.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.