View Single Post
Old Tue, April 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Less talking...more driving.

So, as far as the 'throttle response' goes.........

There are a couple of ways to go about it. Just keep in mind that increasing the low-APP sensitivity is REALLY going to wreak havoc on your cruise control. The potential is there to really make cruise control very user-unfriendly. At 70 MPH yesterday, there were a few instances where I wanted to turn the cruise off because it was surging. But then again, between the "low boost fueling" being lower than stock at low boost levels and my TN turbocharger that runs 2 PSI of boost at 70 MPH, I may have problems that you won't. The cruise had to adjust fuel rate a lot just to maintain speed and once there was a little boost, THEN the fuel would start coming on.

If you're wondering about the "dead throttle" for a while (until oil temperature comes up), look a little bit at fueling maps that base fueling on oil temperature. I don't know if I'd do any adjustments to those however as the SOI is pretty radical in this tune (although not as high as some high-HP tunes) and it's fairly important to be up to operating temperature before getting too excited with the skinny pedal at that point.