View Single Post
Old Fri, April 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody994x4 View Post
i guess this would apply to hoods also. although they take in more air than a hood w no induction they fail to create more pressure, not to mention delivering it into the throttle body/intake manifold at 100% efficiency.

now i want a turbo, lol.

i was looking to reduce IAT's but it looks like that is nothing to worry about either, 95% of my driving is highway.

i plan on recording my MAF flow in g/s at a given speed say 65 or 70mph. after i complete the gotts mod i will re-test and see just how much more air im getting then before.
i wonder if anyone has done a gotts type mod to a turbo equipped engine. just to get the turbo to spool up faster. hmmm

All the gotts mod does is help reduce the amount of vacuum caused at higher RPMs. If you were to rev the truck with your hand on the air filter or near the opening you would definitely feel it get stuck to it until the RPMs went back down. It probably would help a turbo spool up a little faster though. But many of the turbo setups I've seen have a regular pipe leading up to a CAI type filter. Unless the intake has a restrictive snorkel like the stock trucks there probably wont be much of a difference.