Thread: Mod Questions
View Single Post
Old Tue, September 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Double Whopper

workinprogress is on a distinguished road

As far as your plugs and pulleys, I don't really have experience with that, but I can tell you if you do your fans right, you will be glad you did it. I have been told that switching from a clutch fan to electric fans takes as much as 20% load off your engine, which obviously give you more power and will also increase fuel mileage. In my experience, I had an '87 f150 with a 302 rebuilt into a 347 stroker. I got rid of my clutch fan and put dual electric fans on it. The difference was amazing. I didn't even make it out of first gear before I could notice the improvement. My fuel mileage went up, HP went up everything was a lot better. Electric fans are a mod that I would recommend to anyone. Just make sure you do it right, though. There are lots of different setups out there, you have temp sensors that go into you intake manifold in place of the stock one, or you have the small ones that just go into the radiator fins. You also have pulling fans and pushing fans, you have to figure out which setup is best for your vehicle. But either way, like I said, done right, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
'01 f250 4x4, 7.3L, 6spd.
'03 expedition, 5.4 v8
04 mustang, 3.9L v6

Last edited by workinprogress; Tue, September 21st, 2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling