View Single Post
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

My favorite has to be my 1969 Mercury Marquis Brougham. I don't have a picture of mine, but it looked sort of like this (without the girl):

except mine was lime green metallic with a white vinyl top and it had black brocade upholstery.

We ordered it from the factory. It had a 429 cu in engine, C6 transmission, heavy duty suspension and cruse control! That car was a joy to drive on trips. Got pretty good gas mileage too, as I recall. About 17mpg on the highway.

The engine and transmission were rock-solid. The alternator was less so, and I seem to remember crawling under the car to replace the starter once upon a time. But it was too late, the ring gear had been damaged too, so I let the dealership replace that.

I traded it when leaded gas was going out of style for a 75th anniversary year Thunderbird. Pretty car, but no match for the Mercury.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer