View Single Post
Old Tue, May 12th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road

I was fortunate enough to take part in the Hot Rod power tour in 2006. My buddy bought a 1950 F100 from a guy in Georgia that was painted the same color as Pabst Blue ribbon.. true story, he took a can to the paint shop and had the guy custom match the color. Well, the truck was on air ride, but need a motor.. my buddy has always been a GM guyy, and me too, so he pulls out a junkyard LS1 and slaps a turbo on it. Three weeks of thrashing, and we are driving from Tampa to Orlando to start the trip. We had his wife in her 2006 Trailblazer SS with nitrous, his 2005 Mustang GT his buddy was driving, we were in the F100, now outfitted with 22" Boyd's and laying frame. best week of my life, hands down. The cars we saw that week were amazing, the trip took us thru the Blue Ridge parkway to Virginia, ending in New Jersey at Englishtown....

As for me, i wanted my dad's 1961 Impala bubbletop.. he ordered new in 61 with 283 4 bbl/dual exhaust, and overdrive, three on the tree. Yeah, i know, but the 409 was not availalbe until later in the year. He sold it when i was in high school.. i had big plans for that car.

My dream car now would be a 1967 Chevy II or 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1..

gotta dream, right?