View Single Post
Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
The longevity part of the equation should be taken care of by an approval sticker found either on the crank pulley or a lose one to be applied by user in the engine bay.
The sticker indicates that the pulley has passed testing and is rated to be used on the motor it is to be installed on.
Can't really crawl under the truck right now to see what it says. But if I remember right it should be SFI Approved?

Lars
I was thinking more along the lines of what the mod could do for the longevity of other components in the truck (possibly by reducing wear and tear). For instance, I have seen claims that u-drive pulleys might extend the life of water pump bearings since the pump is spinning somewhat more slowly. I suspect this benefit is pretty small, but maybe it's worth noting (and I don't really know how you back up such a claim).

But, I like the label that the device has met certain minimum requirements and so should be safe to use. Kind of like the UL sticker on electrical equipment.

- Jack