Thread: 66 Mustang
View Single Post
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiesF150 View Post
It is a 289 4v 4 speed, but the air was aftermarket. My dad ordered this car from Horn Williams Ford, and he wanted the Hi-Po, but because my mom would be driving it 40 miles roundtrip to work and back everyday (he was actually buying it for her), he decided that he didn't want to be adjusting valve lash every other weekend and settled on the next level down, the 289 4V Premium. Ordered it in late March '66, made pick-up April 13th.

He ordered it without A/C, because he could get it installed at Tommy White's Automotive (he used to work there) cheaper than the factory A/C option.

I wasn't born until 1970, so I remember that car all my life. I overdosed on Children's Congesprin (remember those anyone?) when I was 4, and went to the hospital in that car. They made me drink so much milk that on the way home I threw up all in the back floorboard!

I got my first french kiss sitting in that car when I was 13 (the car was parked in the back yard, so she and I were sitting in it and that's all I have to say about that...)

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread, I'll quit now
Haha nice story.. And nice Stang!