View Single Post
Old Mon, January 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The owner of the race team came up with an indexable adapter plate that connected the 2 motors. His original concept was to try the 12 cylinder idea. He tried first at a 30* offset from tdc of one motor to the other. This created a harmonic vibration.(To this day I still think it had something to do with the exhaust set up) The best solution he found was tdc to tdc of each motor, so it became a beefy 6. Some of the other trial and error thing discovered were each motor needed its own exhaust system manifolds and piping. Tru duals was to be the optimum for each motor but due to clearance issues 2 into 1 systems were utilized for each. So it looked like dual exhaust but was actually a seperate outlet pipe for each motor. He even prototyped a intake manifold for a holly 800 that connected both motors but the outer most runners were lean an the inners were rich. If he could have put an EFI system on this application it would have been the cats meow for the car.
He was the type of guy that would tear everything down and start in a new direction any time he encountered a problem.
Wouldn't keep any of the old concepts they would just become scrap.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.