View Single Post
Old Sat, July 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunboy2208 View Post
Hope these resize automatically...
Best time was a 15.65 and that was with me editing my already custom tune...
I do want to point out that you can have a significant change in top speed just from a small change in engine temperature. When I ran our 6.0L at the track, I saw anywhere from 93 to 97.6 MPH as the track temp, engine temp, and even the ambient air temp changed.

In looking at your E/T's, they are actually very comparable, with the modified custom tune run having a slightly better reaction time and 60' time (ie. a better launch) and accounting for most of the difference between the modified and unmodified 87 custom tune runs.

What's interesting is your R/T was .022 different, at 60' this changes to .055 difference, and then by 330' this dropped down to .031. This would indicate possibly a little wheelspin coming off the line in the Custom Only run, which may also help account for the lower 1/4 mile E/T and MPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunboy2208 View Post
The Gryphon said I would run 15.1s, well, it lied. lol. A good .5-.7 secs off my actual runs.
We've told everyone for years that the 1/4 mile testing on the Gryphon/Evolution is not always 100% accurate. It does the best that can based on calculated acceleration rates and distance traveled. Since there is no way to actually measure the distance traveled, if it is showing a lower ET then it's probably coming up a little short on the calculated distance. We generally use the built-in measurements (1/4 mile and 0-60) for a general comparison between tunes. However, the drag strip is the final word in your actual 1/4 mile times.

Overall, nice runs. Mid 15's is about what we'd expect to see from a solid running F-150. Glad you could share those with us.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!