View Single Post
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk63 View Post
This all sounds good and it's great to hear that PHP is growing, especially in this economy, but to me it still seems like Bill needs to hire some help on the technical end; not to answer phones. If you are growing and don't increase your workforce, then shifting man-hours is just going to show up as minus hours somewhere else. Myself, I would find it hard to ask a customer to pay $370+ for a tuner and then have him wait 2.5 months for his custom tunes, which is how long I have been waiting.
I know I'm not the only one thats wondering where you all are on getting out the custom tunes to your customers. I have read many threads asking this. I hope this thread doesn't impact my waiting time, just my thoughts and opinion. We'll see.

Well you could go to a live tuning day and get it done right then and there, plus it would be even better than regular custom tunes. As for Canned tunes I would say that is a long wait. Custom stuff when only one guy has the knowledge to do the custom stuff you are gonna have to go in order... best bet is to PM Corey for a status update...

I know in this modern world of instant gratification we are not used to waiting for stuff... Myself included.

If you didn't want Bill to do the custom tunes you could probably get yr tuning done at one of PHP's dealers.
Pretty much anyone that is as versed as Bill in the custom tuning arena is already setup in their own tuning Business or already a dealer for one of the custom tuners... On the flip side it may be possible to find someone that can do the programming of the Canned tunes and free up some of Bill's time... I kind of think thats where the Frickin' Unreal chip idea is going. With canned tunes there wouldn't be a need for him to program each one I guess as you just download what you want when you get the Chip.... Not sure if it would work the same with Gryphon. Plus he is trying to get the server software up and online. If you know how time consuming software programming is I can see that taking a lot of his time at the moment... I don't even think I have seen him post on the forums in a week he's that busy....
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's