View Single Post
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Bill is working on the FICM program, here is his responce from two day ago.

-------------------------------------------
We have a truck here today that we're going to test a new strategy update on which we're expecting to resolve the cold start issue. I really dislike having to use the inductive heating strategies, even the mild ones, but it seems that it's a necessary evil for some trucks. So far it looks as if the latest IH strategy isn't killing the power boards in the FICMs, but only time will really tell.

Anyway, I'll have more information by Monday on the release of the new strategy and can get everyone updated to the new strategy. Those who have already been reflashed will be updated at no charge. We just ask that you provide the (refundable) $250.00 deposit for the programmer and cover shipping costs to you. We'll cover the return shipping and include a pre-paid shipping label in the package.

If you are having starting problems with your modified FICM strategy and need to get on the list for the update, please FAX us a copy of the Remote FICM Tuning order form and indicate on the form that you are currently experiencing cold start issues with your current modified flash and would like to be updated. The only reason I ask that you fax it is so that we make sure not to miss anyone's e-mail. As soon as the updates are ready to go, we'll start getting the units sent out in the order we receive the requests.

I want to thank everyone for their patience while we get this resolved. The last couple months have been pretty rough for is personally and has caused us a number of delays in providing a solution for this issue. However, we're finally getting on top of it and expect to have everyone running up to snuff again.

Take care.

Bill

-----------------------------------------------
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed