View Single Post
Old Mon, November 8th, 2021, 06:07 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Good to be home!

The only thing I really noticed was the significant amount of empty space in many of the halls. However, many vendors also got moved over to the new West Hall across the street, so that would have to also be accounted for. Foot traffic was pretty fair... Not as busy as 2019, but still a good turnout.
How did the event handle the "plandemic" nonsense? I know that flying was probably strict.

Quote:
As for the sights? It was pretty much Bronco central. You know why nobody can buy a Bronco? It's because Ford seems to have given them to all the SEMA builders.
Our local little Ford dealer has two actual "Big Bronco"s - of course the owner drives one and the other sits in the showroom with a well-above-retail pricetag. After looking at it from all angles I don't get the appeal. Not my cup-o-tea. The first little teaser Bronco (Escape) was really a turn-off for most folks around here.
Quote:
I was particularly interested in the new GM ZZ632 crate motor. At least until the $28,000 MAP/$38,000 List price reared its ugly head. Just told the guy, "Good luck with that." From his expression, he seemed to kinda feel the same way.
Gotta be able to absorb cost of replacement on failures with that factory GM warranty somehow!

I've been watching a few googletube videos/channels that were putting stuff together for this year's show. I can't say that any of the trends going on these days really float my boat. 44", 49", and 54" tires on 16-17" wheels are cool. 38" tires on 24" wheels are not. I guess any tire on a 24" wheel isn't cool unless it's a 24.5" with a load range G or H tire on it.
Quote:
Other than that, all the same stuff. Just another year. Vegas itself is always fun. Good food. Things to do.
I'm really glad you're in a place where you can do that sort of thing! Hard work and dedication pays off.