View Single Post
Old Fri, October 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
Hey guys.. so trucks been acting funny, And finally got it hooked up to a scanner, this is what I get
At Idle
RPM:610
APP: .82v
ICP: 613
IPR: 15%
Inj. Pulsewidth: 1,6ms
MAP: 14.25
And this it at WOT all on extreme setting
RPM:27-2800?
APP: 3.67 / 4.17
ICP: 2300 / 2465
IPR: 38% / 39%
Inj. Pulsewidth: 3.6 / 3.9
MAP: 26 / 27

The second number was the second run we did.. both in 4th gear WOT

Questions are.. why such low boost? Due to the low ICP i'm hoping?

Sent Bill an email already.. but if its not solved with tuning, what can be done

Mahalos for any info
-Patch
15% IPR at 613 PSI seems a little high to me.
I don't know what ICP Bill commands in his higher HP tunes, but the stock "desired" ICP maxes out at 2500 PSI anyway.

The IPR duty cycle doesn't make sense to me. If the ICP was lower than desired, the % would be at least 54% since that's the stock programming's max value it can go to to try and maintain desired ICP.

Your boost levels aren't that low....12/13 PSI isn't bad for a early Powerstroke especially if you're running stock injectors and a stock 1.15 A/R turbine housing.
ON EDIT:

I see you have AD injectors. If you're still running the stock 15 degree High Pressure Oil Pump, there's going to be an issue there for sure. You are running out of high pressure oil. It would also explain the 15% IPR at an idle. The boost seems a little low, especially with the SD turbocharger you say you're using.

It still doesn't explain why the PCM isn't commanding more IPR duty cycle.