View Single Post
Old Fri, April 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Whopper

ltr450 is on a distinguished road
Default 7.3 PSD Tune Questions

I have an Evolution II on my truck right now. I want to upgrade to Gryphon. My questions are about what tunes to order, specifically towing tunes. I have a 2001 7.3 with a 4" MBRP exhaust and Tymar intake. I tow several different trailers, but the one I tow most often is a 34 foot toy hauler. The trailer is about 9000 lbs empty. I figure fully loaded with 3 ATV's in the back, I am between 12000 and 15000 lbs. Which towing tune do I need? I usually tow it in the #1 tune on the EVO. The other day, I forgot to switch from #2 tune and headed out to Arkansas. The truck pulled much better and I only had to back out of the throttle a few times in the mountains due to EGT's. I obviously want as much towing power as possible, without worrying about EGT's. I normally would never tow in #2, but like I said, I forgot and it towed much better. Also, am I correct on the pricing? $25 for the conversion and $30 per tune or do I need custom tunes? What is the turn around time on the conversion? Any help would be greatly appreciated.