View Single Post
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Bacon King

svt2205 is on a distinguished road

I'm showing my lack of knowledge of things with my Gryphon, but that's ok to me.

While plowing last night, heavy/wet snow, my Gryphon showed engine coolant at 220 and trans at 210. From what I read here, that 220 reading isn't actually a sensor output but an interpreted value from another. Should I switch thing so I'm reading this other sensor? (Not that I've learned how to do that yet). Plus is my trans reading a sensor output or the same sort of deal? I want to understand if I'm getting good information or "interpreted" information.

I was hot enough that the motor was rattling (pinging maybe) when I applied pressure to get the truck rolling. While the truck certainly runs 25 or so degrees hotter with the plow, this was the hottest I've run so far. (I'm ready for Spring and it's not even officially winter, ugh....)

What do you guys suggest in terms of what I should monitor (please point me to instructions on how to change things). Plus what tune would you think make more sense to run while plowing? I have a custom performance 87 and a custom tow 87. (I'm not much for changing tunes, I've only done this maybe 3 times since receiving the Gryphon this summer).

It's really a shame other sites have changed the way they have. It used to be about sharing information, with some opinions. Now it's about opinions and flaming.

Thanks for your ideas.