View Single Post
Old Mon, September 7th, 2009, 07:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Don't look back!
You can still do the upgrade!
That's the one good plus about the air bag systems in my opinion too!
The onboard air compressor!

Lars
There's also the 120 volt compressors you can buy at places like Costco. I have one of those and took it on our recent trip into Colorado and Utah. I have a little quiet Honda 1000 Watt generator that powers it just fine and, of course, charges the batteries if we're "boondocking".

Glad your truck pulled the trailer, TXWolf! I was kind of thinking of you during our trip. I seem to recall our TFT being up in the 215 region a couple of times (long uphill climbs at 65 mph).

Be very careful about exceeding 65 mph with a trailer. Trailer tires are rated at 65 and if you drive faster than that, they can fail - it certainly shortens their life. I had a pair fail after about 5000 miles (chord separation). Same goes for pressure in those tires. Keep them at the recommended pressure, and check them before any day of towing.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer