View Single Post
Old Thu, September 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Well, we made it back from our trip to Pedernales Falls State Park with no problems at all! Heeding Jack's warning, I kept the speed between 55-65mph, and still made it to our camping spot with plenty of time to spare! LOL I still plan on getting the truck re-geared, along with a larger tranny cooler. Now that the wife and I have a couple of trips with the trailer under our belt, we'd like to use it more often.

I can't believe that I waited this long to get a travel trailer! It really came in handy when it rained all day Wednesday down here! LOL Sitting in a cool trailer and drinking a cold beer is a LOT better that trying to keep the water out of a tent while you're drinking a beer!

This was also my first stab at backing up the trailer into a camping spot ... and it was almost too easy! I was able to put the trailer EXACTLY where I wanted it ... which was with the back door of the trailer over a large rock that we used to get to the first step easier.

There is also something very, VERY wrong about hand-feeding an 8-point buck ... and wishing that you had your hunting knife with you! LOL

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights