View Single Post
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

KUDOS to everyone who has posted in and/or just read this thread! It's awesome that people can have a political discussion without resorting to being a-holes.

I, personally, have found that it's best for me to remain on the periphery of political discussions. Though I have definite opinions, it would be like me jumping into a diesel discussion. I know just enough to make myself look like an idiot.

I would have absolutely no problem creating a new section for more discussion -- or even a generic rant or two -- as long as everyone could remain civil. Unfortunately, due to the anonymity provided by the computer screen, people often feel that it's okay to be intentionally cruel and to belittle others. We're not going to play that game here (it happens too often on other forums!), so if it ever got out of hand, we'd have to step in. For those of you who've never checked out the FORUM DECORUM thread, here's the highlights:

We have one rule here: RESPECT
  • Who? Everyone! Members, Moderators, Our Dealers, Other Vendors and Manufacturers, and even the Administrators (that's us! ) -- even if we don't like 'em (you know who you are!), you can't bash 'em
  • What? Other people's ideas and their right to post about them
  • Where? On the Forum, of course -- but really, it should apply EVERYWHERE (the world sure would be a nicer place if everyone would try it!)
  • When? All the time-- especially when you don't agree with another member
  • How? By avoiding rude language and by not attacking other members, vendors, or products. The Golden Rule applies here, folks
  • Why? So that everyone feels comfortable posting and so that this forum remains a fun place for everyone to hang out!

Please know that everyone on here has been AMAZING, and I love the sense of community that we share. I don't think anybody on here would have a problem maintaining civility -- even in a heated "discussion." It's possible to get one's point across without turning from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde.

Would anybody else use a thread called "Town Hall" where anything goes? Opinions, please. I need opinions!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Fri, December 4th, 2009 at 05:48 PM.