View Single Post
Old Sun, November 27th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

UPDATE TIME!!

There's two updates. I'll break it into two posts. Here is one from 10/24

Finally got some work accomplished over the weekend. The engine is at my parents', I'm working away from home as of current. Brother picked up the things from the machine shop. Block was decked .006" to be trued up, pistons cut the same. Got some assembly done over the past weekend, cam, crank, and several pistons in. Installed the new engine oil cooler and chopped the old one up for giggles, didn't look too bad.

Coolant filter is going on immediately, probably going to wait on water pump replacement until the filter can work some magic cleaning out the cooling system.

Ordered up some final needed parts today. I was at the dealer looking for the rubber support/bushing for the HPOP branch tube, has anyone replaced just that? It looked like the rubber support was only servicable as part of the branch tube....I'm considering machining a replacement on the lathe out of plastic as the rubber piece was kind of chewed up.