Thread: battery issue
View Single Post
Old Sun, September 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf980 View Post
well lets see i tried to updated the firmware and now the gryphon is not working at all going to have to call monday and hopefully get it fixed. the question about the rpm was i was accelorating steady and rpm on gryphon would shoot up then come back to normal.
The erratic display (which is not what I thought you were describing) is often caused by faulty connections at the OBDII port. Could be loose connectors or even wiring loose at the back of the port itself.

But, if the display is now blank, it could be one of these:
Check the cable connections.

Check the cigarette lighter fuse. This same fuse powers both the lighter and the OBDII power supply.

It could be the wires going into the OBD port itself, they can be loose inside the OBD port and reaching behind the plug and wiggling the wire might make the Gryphon turn on and off. If this is the case, use an electrical connector "spoon" to pull the bad wire out, spread the little tab on the wire end and put it back in. A somewhat "cruder" fix is to use part of a tooth pick and push an end of it into the back side of the port on the hole with the loose wire, this tightens up the connection and all is good again. Not an elegant repair, but it works.
Notice the wiring to the OBD port can be the problem here too.

You MAY need Bill's help to fix your problem, but he's hard to get hold of sometimes. Until you do, check the cigarette lighter, if it works, it's not a fuse problem.

- Jack