View Single Post
Old Sun, January 31st, 2021, 06:54 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I have your registration ready to go. DO NOT run the currently registered version of Minotaur as it will overwrite the new activation. Afterwards, you can run either one.
I'm really paranoid about my computers (you know, XP on a firewall-less computer with no anti-virus/anti-malware, and running Firefox V.3.xxxxxxx) so once I get crafty with software downloads, the wifi gets disabled and it never hooks to the 'net again so no worries about the other computer's software but I will do it the way you said.

Quote:
The only problem you're going to run into is that when you install Minotaur, it defaults to C:\Minotaur as the installation location. If you want to run multiple versions (Romulator vs. Quarterhorse, for example) you can install one version, rename the folder, and then install the next version.
The old computer has three versions of Minotaur on it and they all still function independently - under program files of "PHP\Minotaur", "Power Hungry\Minotaur", and "Power Hungry Performance\Minotaur". Yes, as you said, I had to make them separate entities on the drive. I still have "PHP Tune" somewhere on it too but have never used it.

I'll get the other computer lined up ready to go and then give it a go. Just so I am straight on this (and I'll wait until I hear back from you before continuing)......

1. Register current version (.350) under my name.
2. Open/use the .350 version (gotta make sure it works ).
3. Copy older version installs from other PC to their own folders on new PC.
4. Old versions should function on new PC with new registration.
5. Disconnect internet forever so registrations don't F-eachother up.

Thank you. I'll get back to your PM.