View Single Post
Old Sat, January 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Almost not a Newbie

CageFighter_Dan will become famous soon enough
glad to hear he finally went with a 03 , thats exactly what i am running in mine, it is a great engine, even with out it tuned to the pcm, i can't wait to see how it runs with the cutom tunes, i still believe the mechanic you got to do this swap got in way over his abilities if he hasn't been able to get it running right, even with a newer one , with this engine did he end up using the original pcm and harness with it as well or did he try to jimmy rig a different one, from the sounds of it , and this is only a guess the pcm isn't allowing the fuel pump to begin its function hense why it will start with fuel in the tb, but once it burns off it quits, due to it not recieving any more from the tank. There is some sort of communication issue happening between the engine and the pcm, and if the pats system in your truck is still functioning it would cause something like this, but it would also kill the starter so it wouldn't even crank over , thats the part that has me baffled. again it is hard to determine a problem just through a forum as well with out physically being there to eleminate problems on a check list. Good luck though thanks for the update