View Single Post
Old Tue, November 15th, 2022, 01:00 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
Hey all,
I'm about to trade my 2021 F250 with the 7.3 gas motor for a 2016 F350 DRW with the 6.7. It has 118k miles, but the price is better than any other truck I've seen lately. We drove it and didn't have any issues that we could see, just some cosmetic damage.
Shores anyone here have experience with the 15-16 trucks?
What should I start with maintenance wise to make it last another few hundred thousand miles? What should i have the dealer do before I purchase? Any other advice?
I plan on using it to tow a 20klb 5th wheel toy hauler.
I want to add air bags for sure, possibly add a tune and an intake. I don't want to delete it right now because I don't know where we will be settling down yet and some places care more about emissions than others.

Let me know what you think
Thanks
Caleb
We just sold our 2017 F350 Dually in order to purchase a Navistar Sportchassis hauler. We had no issues with the F350 at all. It was a really solid truck. It was just that with the size of the Toy Hauler we have, I was concerned about load capacity and braking ability.

If all you're looking for is something to pull the Toy Hauler, I'd honestly look into a Navistar or Freightliner Sportchassis hauler. It's much better suited for hauling 10,000+ Lbs. and they come with things like exhaust or compression braking which make the hills a breeze.

For reference, this is what we ended up with:

(click on image to enlarge)

Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!