View Single Post
Old Thu, July 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Whopper

Redeye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I don't think the LCD will be "burned". My understanding of things is that the unit stops activating the screen (causing it to be black) if things are too hot to protect it.

I've always used a sunshade in my truck to help reduce the heat load on the programmer. The hot sun (in Tucson) beating on the unit heats it much hotter than the air temperature in the truck cabin. I've never had the hot black screen problem.

If the backlight comes on, it doesn't sound like a hardware problem. It sounds to me like a corrupted file.

And, don't worry about trying our patience, we're happy to help when you have problems. Just wish we could have fixed this quickly.

- Jack
This is mainly an FYI for Jack. Got my Gryphon back from Edge today and it turns out the problem was my module harness. Working fine now except as you would expect I now have an EVO instead of a Gryphon. I went to Pegasus and attempted to download my custom tunes but I keep getting an error message that basically ends with "contact PHP". Yeah, I know everyone's gone for a week for a family reunion..... maybe someday!

Mike