View Single Post
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
Oh and I forgot that I got a K&N drop in filter in there too

That will help, I did the same exact thing on my 4.6L

and yeah if the "ram air" does anything it will be at very high speeds, there is a lot of piping to go through and even if it does up the pressure by much the stock hole that it is still hooked up to will dissipate it... well at least those are my thoughts lol. I will have to go see what Bill said about a "real" ram air intake
I have been waiting for someone to notice that bold part on some of the other forums.
I wonder if they make a 3 inch one way flap type valve? (cant think of the technical term right now) If you put that on the stock intake location it would close up if there was a positive amount of pressure, but I dont think it would be worth trying. If you want to see if there is a difference put the MAF and IAT PIDs on the screen with the stock intake and then with the modified. Look at the readings under the same RPM and LOAD(So the 4 you pick would be IAT, MAF, RPM and LOAD).
You would judge improved IATs by degrees from actual temp but the other 3 should be pretty straitforward.
The reason I say both RPM and LOAD is because at 2000 rpm you can have 20 grams/sec of air with minimal load but 70 g/s with increased load. Cruise control will probably be the easiest if you dont want to take a series of datalogs and then stitch them together (not too hard to do though but if your interested but unable you can send them to me).
...hmm maybe I should see the effects of air intake restriction on my intake since there really isn't any info on the 4.6s.