View Single Post
Old Fri, December 18th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Bacon King

RobbyMartin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
The PATS system, as far as vehicle disabling goes, is controlled by the PCM. If the PCM is NOT a PATS enabled PCM, it's not the reason it won't start. If you can let me know what the base PCM code (Part number or HEX Code) is, I can tell you if it is a PATS style PCM or not. It is basically a single switch in the calibration that either accepts or ignores the PATS controller.

Let me know what you come up with.
Bill and Dan,
Thanks for the advice. Too bad my mechanic won't listen. It's like he has to come up with the answer himself or its meaningless, but I'll have him check all fuses. When the truck wouldn't start and the Anti-Theft light was on he thought it was the 5.4 ECM so he was going to put the original 4.6 ECM back in and then call me. Well he didn't and when I got a hold of him the next day he told me he had come across an ECM from an '01 and an '03. He still hasn't called, which means he is stumped. Where is the HEX key located so I can get it to you? Does it have certain numbers or letters? What would be the best suggestion with the ECM's? Should I use the orig. 4.6 or the 5.4?

I'm going to purchase the Gryphon but wouldn't it be wise to make sure the truck is up and running before I do?