View Single Post
Old Sun, March 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the forum (hope you don't mind my pun) and have a couple questions regarding the "Gotts" Mod.

I just recieved my Gryphon (07 5.4) and have not yet installed it. I also plan to add the Gotts Mod. any reason I should do one prior to the other? I was going to install the Gryphon then the Gotts.

Also, I've seen where some have advised to unhook the battery to install the Gotts so the PCM will recognize it faster. I am assuming this doesn't apply if i have the Gryphon since I'll be running a tune anyway?

any advice appreciated!
Hi Doubles -

You can install the Gryphon before the Gotts Mod or the other way around. It really makes no difference. And, from what Bill has told me and from his description of testing with and without the snorkel, you need not disconnect the battery at all. The PCM really doesn't "learn" anything with this modification. The O2 sensors handle all the adjustments for the increased airflow.

Hope this makes sense.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer