View Single Post
Old Wed, March 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Whopper

Shake-N-Bake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
Since switching from DP my MPG has gone up a solid 1 MPG.

Thanks Bill

Hand calculated by GasCubby iPhone app

Discuss
Good info. I am glad you are seeing some improved economy.

I think my mileage has remained about the same. Minor variation but by insignificant amounts...

I switched from Bully Dog Power Pup programmer (on 50 tow setting) to the PHP PHX chip. I drive around in 65DD most days. So far I've run though 17 full tanks of fuel without a trailer and my fuel mileage is slightly less than before (16.24 on PHP chip vs 16.41 on BD programming). However, 4 tanks ago my fuel mileage was 12.8 mpg (for that tank load) and it turned out that I had several leaks at the fuel bowl. The previous 4 tank mileage figures are 17.9, 16.8, 15.4 and 12.8. The last two caught my attention and I remedied the fuel bowl issue quickly.

The three tanks since have yielded 16.9, 16.1 and 17.0 mpg. So, I suppose I'll revisit the figures after I have run through a few more tanks. If they hold true around 16.65 mpg then I can report a gain of 4 tenths mpg.