Thread: ECM TCM
View Single Post
Old Fri, October 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Whopper Junior

jnomura is on a distinguished road

I just installed the ECM/TMC custom tune to my 03 excursion. I have a FICM programmer (PHP). Here is how the process went with my upgrade.

Set up an appointment with Bill.
Bill calls me and he has me hook up my programmer to my computer and he does a remote desktop and reconfigures the programmer for ECM/TCM updates.
Has me take the programmer to my truck and hook it up and down loads the ECM and TCM binary to the programer (PHP saves your original programming for you as I understand it). He also has me give him the codes for the TCM and the ECM.
Hook up the programmer to my computer and bill uploads the ECM/TCM binaries for storage and them build the new programs and down loads them into the programmer.
Back to the truck and we install the custom tune (25 heavy tow - mild tune).
Back to the computer and Bill reconfigures the programmer to it's origional FICM programmer mode.
Bill is done at this point.
I then reprogram my FICM to A40 and we are all done.

This all takes around 30-40 min to do.

Start it up and try it out. The TCM is running slightly higher pressures so it takes a few miles of driving for the tyranny to adapt so it isn't super harsh.
There is a huge difference in performance with the FICM A40 and the ECM 25T installed together. No dead spots, hesitations and power all the way through the RPM range. Be careful when you first try it out or might get a ticket or break the tires loose during the first 3 shifts.

Enjoy,
Jim N.