View Single Post
Old Sun, December 20th, 2020, 03:01 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

Brad SwiftFur is on a distinguished road

I'm a little late to the forum, but here I am!
My hardware came a few weeks ago with no issues. For reasons unknown, I did not get the first email but a follow up call from Bill later (and a re-sent email) I got the link. I began following the instructions, which not specify where to get the USB driver files (I found them on the downloads page with no trouble). One quick and problem free install later, I was in business.
I went out today and connected everything up as recommended, key off, and opened the software. It took me a moment to realize I needed to cycle the key on-off-on somewhat quickly for the software to talk to the ECM. As advised, the software downloaded the original settings, which I saved in my Documents folder (I have saved copies on a flash drive, my desktop computer, and emailed a copy to myself.) I am considering this a critical file that if lost, could render my bus into a very large and expensive lawn ornament.
Somewhere along the way, the program froze for a moment (I'm not sure if this was a software issue or just my Windows lagging some), but after a moment it continued on with no other problems.
While I was at it, I have need needing to reset the "Change Oil" light, so I went ahead and did this. Other parameters didn't need any changing so I left them alone. Since there was nothing else I could do, I closed the software, disconnected everything and came in to backup and email the file.
I was curious and opened the file in notepad - it looked like something written in Mandarin. Needless to say, I left it alone and closed it.

Over the last few weeks I have been keeping a running average of my fuel economy in mixed rural/highway driving, getting in the 9.5-10.5 range. I find my bus cruises comfortably at 65, it'll maintain 70 or so if I mash on it and tops out around 75-78 if I get a bit of a downhill. FWIW my bus is a shorty with a 5 speed manual, 3.91 gears and 10R22.5 tires, weighs 14,180 pounds (with chubby driver).