Thread: rough idle
View Single Post
Old Tue, September 11th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Whopper Junior

290 Acar is on a distinguished road
Question rough idle

Hi everyone! I have an idle issue with my 02 Ex with a 7.3. It runs okay cold but, when it gets warmed up it really idles choppy. On the scanner it varies around a 120 rpm or so. When you pull out it goes smooth as can be with no smoke or hiccups. As you roll off the throttle just part way to run along, it becomes very touchy from off to on in as much as it slaps the driveline slop around. The truck has rosewood stage ones, driven reg return, gutted pedestal with difuser plug on the harness, different compressor housing, 6673 filter, full 4" MBRP, ccv mod and CTS with Bills tunes. Also had the pass side head off for other reasons and did a new gasket. The icp,ipr,uvchs,and glows are all new also.

The only codes are the intake air heater as it is disconnected and the KAM. I had the truck together and running long before I had tunes for it and this problem was there then, so i don't think it is a tune issue.

I must say that it runs great when your on it and the tunes really made a difference in how it acts all the way around. I just can't figure whats wrong, even with a scanner on it. Anyone have an idea?