Thread: Got a hall pass
View Single Post
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

You gonna run a stock block? Dont throw too much power at it if you are, a 302 based stock block, they're typically only good for 500 HP with a max RPM of 6K.. They will split right down the middle, take the pan and intake off and you'll have 2 inline 4 cyl's

I've had my eye on Ford Racing's Boss 302 block ( it's Windsor based, not Cleveland )... Priced much better than a Dart block, and there are guys throwing a ton of power at them.

The 302 in my 79 is a stock block, I have no clue how it's lasted this long ( 4 yrs ). I dont rev it past 5500.. Lucky I guess..

You asked hairdrier or the juice.. Go with a hairdrier, nitrous will break ya ( 7 bucks a # here )... Stay away from Ebay kits too, they use cheap steel ( or stainless ), cracks like no other.. If your looking for a GOOD, fairly cheap kit, check out B&G custom turbo. Brian is a good guy, will talk your ear off, but a good guy. He stands behind his work.. He's on theturboforums.com ( user name B&Gcustomturbo IIRC, been a while since I've been on there ).. Or, build your own kit.. I had Brian build me a kit, for the price, I couldnt build my own, nor do I have the time to mess with it..

Good luck with the car
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...