View Single Post
Old Sun, November 4th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Whopper Junior

Scarlet is on a distinguished road

OK, so, this is my experiance with a so called "cold air" intake from Volant. It would seem to me that being a cold air intake system, that it would be sealed, right? So no hot air can enter into the stream. When I got the Volant system and I opened the box, right away I see that the airbox has a HUGE gapeing hole in it's side. How is this a "sealed cold air system"? But, I figured that they new something I didn't. So I took my stock stuff off and put it on. I did like the filter, and the nice big, unrestrictive intake tube. Right away, I of course noticed the sound of the intake. I liked it, but a bit droany. So I used it for a week or two. Didn't really notice a "big" improvement in performance, at least not by my pants. And my gas mileage seemed to drop by about 1-2 mpg. In fact, at the time I had a Keystone Bullet travel trailer that had a dry weight of about 6,700lbs.. The sound I got while towing it was truely awful, and my gas mileage dropped no less than two or three mpg.! This can't be happening? This is a sharp contrast to what I got when I had my StainlessWorks exhaust system installed. That made an already crazy fun ride truely Nuts! I went to thier website and posted the problem. Thier solution was to remove the protective piece of rubber from behind the headlight so it could get more air. Right? Well, I had enough of this. I yanked that puppy right off. I kept the intake tube on it. Then I took the stock airbox and cut the bottom out of it to get more air into the filter area, and put in a K+N panel filter (yea, I know. But I've been using them for years). Immediately, My pants felt better, and after a week or so I noticed that not only did my gas mileage go back up, but improved another one to two mpg on top of what I was getting before the Volant piece of crap. And to top it off, I went back to thier website, got on thier forums and said what a piece of junk it was. The next day my post was gone, and so was the entire thread I put it in. What do you think about that?!