View Single Post
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_123 View Post
Hey Groovy, do any of the migraine specific meds work? Their names are Imitrex, Maxalt, Axert, Relpax, Treximet, Zomig, or Frova. They're only taken on an as needed basis. If you have or haven't tried these, I might could offer some advice. Send me a PM. Glad you're feeling better!
Hey Mark,

I've tried a bunch... Imitrex, Relpax, and Zomig from your list. I stopped taking them because, as I told the doctor, the side effects were worse than the headache. I've never had a heart attack before, but I can vividly imagine what it would be like now! :omg:

I'm on Propranolol now, which is a preventative. It seems to be working pretty good compared with some others I've tried. Our biggest issue is not having health insurance. I can't get any of the good stuff. :sniffle:

But God has seen to bless me with a wonderfully understanding husband who doesn't think twice about living like a mushroom for a few days at a time on those occasions when I can't stand the light. The boys are great, too, and understand what it means when Billy tells them that "Mommy has a headache." Since 2007, I have also been blessed with a great job that provides me the opportunity to lie in bed for days when necessary and tons of friends who actually care when I don't feel good.

Overall, I'd say I'm a pretty lucky lady.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019