View Single Post
Old Fri, January 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Oh, Gosh, Cajun -- I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. She must be a pretty strong lady, huh?

I've had a sinus thing going, so I'm thinking that -- like you -- it might have been the trigger this time. Wil and I developed asthma when we lived in Utah while Bill worked for Edge. Now EVERYTHING goes to my lungs. Some members on here know the nonsense I went through for about 6 weeks starting on Halloween. I went to the doctor because I had some bug that hung out in my lungs. I was put on an antibiotic and 3 days of Prednisone. I went back the next week, I believe? The doctor wanted to put me in the hospital, but I poo-pooed that because we don't have health insurance. She put me on two different antibiotics and 10 more days of Prednisone. That Prednisone did horrible things. I'd never had to take it that long before, and I hope to never have to again! My mom was on it for YEARS before she died at age 54, and I can't even imagine what she must have felt like day after day!

Please let me know your wife's name. I'd like to add her -- and your family! -- into our prayers.
I'm really glad you're doing better, lung stuff is nothing to play around with. My wife is an incredibly strong lady, her name is Sue. She puts up with health issues related to the MS that would floor me everyday. Just her drug regiment would be hard for me to follow. She takes 41 pills total, divided up at three different times of the day as well as a Copaxone injection every morning to control the symptoms. She's and her doctor have thankfully got everything under control and to see her or talk to her you wouldn't even know she had a problem. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers, we'll do the same for you and yours.

Prednisone does terrible things to me as well. Paranoia, aggression, sleeplessness, depression, it's awful. I'm a pretty happy person normally, but it totally changes my personality. My doctor has me take it in a 4 day regiment, tapering it off as I go, then it usually takes 3 or 4 more days to get it out of my system. Luckily, I only take it when I have one of the headaches. There is one upside to it though, I've broken lots of bones and torqued most of my joints over the course of my life, including both hands, and have developed arthritis at an early age comparatively. The Prednisone makes the joint aches and pains that I have daily go away for a couple of weeks. That being said, the pain daily is not as bad as the side effects from the Prednisone. Ibuprofen and this stuff is my daily regiment for the joint pain.

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers