View Single Post
Old Fri, January 8th, 2021, 10:01 AM
Whopper

pwerwagn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Jeff,

Welcome!

To answer your question... Yes. The FICM tuning works great on the VT365 and provides solid improvements to performance, throttle response, and economy. We see the same gains on the VT engines as we do on the standard Ford 6.0L applications.

I do not have an answer as to how it will work with the TS MP8 as I'm not certain what the MP8 affects in the engine controls. If you could maybe provide some insight as to what it connects to, I might be able to make a semi-educated guess as to what it's doing. In other words, does it connect to the OBD connector, the engine harness, or both? And if connected to the engine harness, which connectors or wires is it connected to?

We also currently are offering ECM tuning for those trucks, if that's something that interests you. Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like some more information.

Take care.
Hi Bill!! Thanks for the reply!
The TSMP8 is just a fuel pressure box. It plugs into the ICP sensor and that is it. TS claims a 30% hp increase. I can feel an increase while accelerating, but nothing at WOT. Pulling long hills at WOT, I can turn the knob up and down realtime and it doesn't change power, boost or EGT. But you can feel an increase when taking off from a light.

I am interested in ECM tuning as well! My empty weight is ~22Klbs, and loaded I am 30K or so. BUT, I do have 5.29 gears. What kind of gains can I see combining the two (ECM and FICM)? Like I mentioned, I do have studs (and gauges). Can you delete the EGR in the ECM so I can do an EGR delete?

Currently empty at the 22klb area, it is super super slow. I am topping hills at 35mph that my similar weight 8.1 gas gm motorhome will top at 50+. Getting on the freeway is a chore, It takes a solid mile (if not more) to reach 65. Once cruising 65, it runs ok, and small hills are ok. Big hills, the truck downshifts when I hit ~62 (due to the 5.29's, it cant downshift at a higher speed). As you are probably aware, mine shifts at 3200 unlike the trucks. And I feel like it has no power above about 2900rpm, so it will sit there and just churn away and lose speed. BUT, if I can keep it from downshifting it actually pulls hills better.

For reference, I am turning about 2350rpm at 65, and somewhere around 2600 at 75mph (its also governed at 75mph).

EDIT: also, for reference this is the 300hp VT365. I understand the 300hp VT 365 wasnt very common, and only mainly used in RV's?

Thanks for the reply!
--Jeff